Buyer Indirects Procurement
HBO/WO, Zeist, 40
As Buyer Indirects Procurement you’re the commercial and contractual interface between H.J. Heinz and its suppliers. Ensure continuity of Indirects supply for all operating sites, at the specified quality, within agreed lead-times, to optimize operating performance. You make sure suppliers are aware and comply to Heinz policies, procedures and quality criteria. You manage quality crisis, claims and incidents.
• Align optimal portfolio strategy with internal stakeholders (Supply Chain, R&D, Marketing, Finance);
• Implement the agreed Indirects Strategy’ according to agreed business processes in line with global strategy;
• Drive European strategy execution and ensure cost out projects are implemented in factories on time;
• Run Regional Tenders;
• Ensure Indirect spend is leveraged in improved contracts/ agreements at lowest possible total cost;
• Develop supplier partnerships to identify and develop ongoing total cost reductions;
• Continually review supplier markets including LCC, develop alternative supply options; identify value-engineering opportunities, cost avoidance and e-commerce solutions;
• Build budget accordingly and run monthly commodity analysis;
• Manage price risks linked to markets through the right strategy;
• Manage every month reporting on price purchasing variance running detailed analysis on budget prices, real prices, volumes, contract coverage.
To qualify for the position European Buyer within Heinz, you need to have:
• Bachelor/ Master degree
• 5+ years purchasing experience
• Experience of working across international timelines and communities
• Broad based knowledge and understanding of the commodity Market
• Strong entrepreneurial, project management and financial skills (data and specifications analysis)
• Effective communication, negotiation, influential and e-sourcing skills
• Strong strategic/ business orientation with customer focus and the ability to anticipate and deliver change
• The English language is essential, ideally second and third language is an advantage.
About the company
The H.J. Heinz Company is one of the world’s leading marketers and producers of healthy, convenient and affordable foods, with a growing global portfolio of leading brands in three core categories: Ketchup & Sauces, Meals & Snacks and Infant/Nutrition.
A pioneer in the packaged foods industry, Heinz is famous for its iconic brands on six continents, showcased by Heinz Ketchup, the World’s Favorite Ketchup. Its leading brands enjoy number-one or number-two market positions in more than 50 countries.
Headquartered in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, the Company has five business segments: North American Consumer Products, Europe, Asia/Pacific, U.S. Foodservice and Rest of World.
Founded in 1869, Heinz is a trusted name for consumers, a socially responsible employer that is making a positive difference in the community, and a great place to work.
If you are interested and have the right qualifications then please forward your application (English CV and motivation with salary expectations) to Deborah Bristow (European Talent Acquisition Specialist). You can apply by using the link below.
We only accept direct applicants, no agencies.
Keywords: Buyer, Purchasing, Purchaser, Partner management.