Lean Specialist / the Riwal way specialist
Laatst gewijzigd: 7 jul 2020
LEAN SPECIALIST / THE RIWAL WAY SPECIALIST
HQ Dordrecht, the Netherlands
Level: Master or Bachelor student
Location: HQ Dordrecht, the Netherlands
Start date: As soon as possible
Take Riwal to new heights: Work at the heart of an international leader to enable a Continuous Improvement culture that makes a real customer difference
Riwal aims to be the first choice for projects performed at height. To achieve this we want to deliver the Best Customer Experience through our people! In order to deliver the Best Customer Experience every day throughout all layers of the organization, we live by Continuous Improvement or as we like to call it: The Riwal Way. It is not just an operational excellence program, it is in our DNA and is based on the highest levels of safety, customer service, and optimization of our internal processes. If you’re passionate about Continuous Improvement and able to inspire and interact with people from diverse backgrounds, this is your opportunity to further embed The Riwal Way across a fast-paced international environment encompassing 16 countries.
Lean Specialist, Riwal Dordrecht, 40 hrs per week
Riwal operates in a competitive environment and our customers expect high levels of safety, availability, customer service and on-time delivery. Your mission in this role is to help us deliver this so that we generate loyalty and become top of mind for our customers. In doing so you work closely with The Riwal Way Champions in all 16 Riwal countries, as well as key HQ disciplines (e.g. IT, Marketing, Fleet Management). This will sometimes require you to travel but you can usually expect to be home for the weekend.
It’s all about people
Of course, The Riwal Way involves KPIs, Best Practices and Continuous Improvement Reviews so that we drive excellence and efficiencies. As such, you must be able to coordinate, coach, deploy, expand and improve The Riwal Way principles in the countries. But ultimately the power of The Riwal Way comes from our people and their input. Therefore, a central part of your role is to create the conditions for discussions in which everyone’s voice is heard. Because that way, everybody from the rental desk to the mechanics visiting our clients will be empowered to take responsibility and ownership so that we develop a powerful culture of non-stop continuous improvement.
In terms of specifics, this requires you to:
- Coordinate Continuous Improvement projects and reviews, monitoring progress;
- Drive communication and cooperation with and among locations globally, including Best Practice sharing;
- Assist leadership teams in the analysis of KPIs and optimize the KPI framework;
- Co-facilitate improvement analysis (Kaizen) events in Riwal’s global locations;
- Assist in the alignment of all internal systems in line with The Riwal Way principles to support process harmonization and improvement.
Your personality makes the difference This is a role that combines social interaction with serious analysis, and motivational skills with measurement skills. Across widely varying countries and cultures. As such, personality and the ability to respect different working habits are paramount. We can teach you the technical specifics of our industry, it’s more important that you are a confident self-starter, flexible thinker and rapid learner who can solve complex problems.
You should also bring the following attributes:
- BSc or higher in Logistics Management, Business or Engineering;
- Eager to develop professionally and personally within a company that offers multiple opportunities to advance your career;
- Strong English language skills are essential as you will communicate in English most of the time;
- Advanced command of MS Office applications, experience with VBA preferred;
- Basic knowledge of multiple company disciplines such as Operations, Engineering, Rental, Sales, Finance and/or IT an advantage.
An organization that is committed to its employees
To join Riwal is to become part of a dynamic team where you can make a real difference to the bottom line. You will work within a friendly and open culture where we have lunch together and enjoy regular company drinks. Additionally, you will benefit from:
- Competitive compensation, laptop and mobile;
- Becoming part of a diverse and international team
- International travel
- Pension with only 1% contribution
- 29 days of holiday and a holiday allowance of 8% paid in May
Riwal is an international company specialized in the rental and sales of aerial work platforms and related machinery. Riwal generates revenues of over € 265 million while operating a fleet of over 20.000 rental units and employing 2.500 people across 16 countries (in Europe, Middle East, India and Kazakhstan). Riwal was founded in 1968 and has experienced strong international growth over the last 10 years, to become one of the largest privately held companies in the industry.
Would you like to have additional information? Please contact the HR Advisor of Riwal Holding Group, Ms Eva Duinker, at +31 (0)6 211 741 85. You can also apply right away via the ”this link”. An assessment will be part of the recruitment procedure.