You are the designer of the best banking app, one that millions of people use for their banking needs. You share our aspiration to only deliver our clients the highest quality. Our unique Design Chapter serves the entire Rabobank organization. Join us to help shape the bank’s design transformation. How will we do it? By helping each other to improve with targeted input responses and by giving each other feedback. That’s how. We develop together, proudly and ambitiously. From the first idea to the last pixel. With a new designer on board, we will work to make this a reality. Especially if that designer has the expertise to make a high-level contribution to our digital environments while working in an incomparable design culture. Are you that designer?
• Shape our vision and strategy. The candidate who is hired for this position will decide how we are going to work.
• This could include intensive collaboration with multidisciplinary teams, like developers, marketeers, and other stakeholders inside the bank, so that everyone’s wishes and needs can be streamlined and managed.
• The designer we’re looking for will be inspired by customer insights and use customer data to create an optimum user experience by creating excellent designs in our UX Lab, is able to shape a vision, and even shape propositions.
• You understand the rapid pace of the digital development world, prepare for IoT and Open Banking, and already have ideas about how to apply their ideas to these areas.
• You have know-how of design and prototyping tooling like Sketch and Invision, as well as familiarity with ideation and design research methods.
Cooperation is what defines us. The combined strengths of our Design Chapter team are dedicated to the continuous improvement of the customer experience. Our new designer will be the 50th member of our diverse team, which includes:
Sander Viegers, Head of Design: “People work here so they can improve and be the best they can be. The basis of our design philosophy sets a high standard. We push each other to make the most of each day, every day and to exceed customer expectations.”
Ruddy Rodriguez, Design Lead: “Rule number 1: you don’t design things for yourself, but for 7 million customers. We involve each of those customers in our design process.”
Click here to find out more about your (possible) new job: https://youtu.be/Qt4EBwVvJj4
If we asked your friends to describe you with just a few key words, the ideal answer would include: customer focused, a born leader, extremely creative, and a go-getting networker. For this position as Designer, you’ll also need the following:
• (at least) a bachelor’s degree, in a subject like Communication, Multimedia Design, Industrial Design or another field where design takes center stage;
• a minimum of seven years’ experience, for example, as a UI/UX designer, visual designer and/or interaction designer.
• excellent analytical skills so that you can turn data into designs;
• experience cooperating with designers and development teams, and
• agile/scrum experience.
Working at Rabobank
You probably already know that Rabobank provides financial services to more than 8.5 million customers in 40 countries. But did you know that we are also working to make the world a better place? We do this in at least 101 ways, like:
• Constantly thinking about the future. We invest EUR 3.8 billion in generating sustainable energy so that future generations can live in a cleaner world.
• Every year we make a considerable investment in Dutch clubs and associations. We support approximately 1,250 sport and culture organizations, clubs and societies that, for many people, are like a second home.
• Rabobank has been climate neutral since 2007. We see each day as a new opportunity to create a more sustainable living environment. We encourage our colleagues to use public transportation for their commute to work and we only use green energy.
Does That Sound Appealing?
Do you want to be the best you can be too? We want to help you achieve that by focusing on your development and investing in an environment where people are always learning. Our employees receive plenty of room for innovation and taking initiative. We offer employees countless opportunities for growth and encourage them to exceed their own expectations in order to grow as professionals. In addition, we offer the following employment conditions (based on a 36-hour week):
• a gross monthly salary between €3,150 and €5,200, depending on your level of knowledge and experience;
• a 13th month’s salary and vacation pay, and
• an Employee Benefit Budget (8% of your monthly salary). Employees may use this EBB budget at their own discretion. You could buy extra vacation days or deposit extra money in your retirement fund;
• The EBB is a personal budget that can be used to pay for activities that benefit your personal development and career;
• 100% reimbursement of home-work commute by public transportation! Still prefer to travel by car or motorcycle? Opt for our commuter’s allowance instead;
• flexible working hours and work locations, and
• a retirement plan with just a 5% employee contribution.
Let’s Get To Know Each Other
Are you the one we’ve been looking for? That new colleague who wants to make Rabobank stronger as a Designer? Do you want to make a difference in your own life, the lives of our customers and society? If so, we look forward to receiving your application for this position in Utrecht.
Good to know:
• The closing date for applications is November 20th. Please send us your covering letter, CV, and your portfolio.
• Eltje Huisman, Studio Manager Design, can answer your questions on the job content. Call or mail her at: +31 6 57 14 24 19 or Eltje.Huisman@rabobank.nl.
• Marloes Boegheim, Recruiter, is happy to answer any questions about the application procedure by phone or email. She can be reached at +31 6 30 85 89 59 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The application process includes a screening procedure. This is based on the same screening procedure used by Rabobank to assess reliability and determine whether new employees are sufficiently trustworthy to carry out employment duties at Rabobank.
• A selection day (or partial day) is part of the application procedure for this position. This includes a portfolio presentation.
• Rabobank takes privacy very seriously. If you would like to know more about this, please click this link: https://www.rabobank.com/nl/footer/privacy/index.html
• Everybody is different and it’s people’s differences that help us to be a better bank. That’s why we want to learn more about you!
Agency calls not appreciated